Perfunctory Review

Reviews and comments for Jackson Hole Backcountry Skier's Guide, Select Peaks of Greater Yellowstone, Teton Skiing, Jackson Hole Ski Guide, and Teton Pass Backcountry Guide

Moderator: TomTuriano

worleyman

Perfunctory Review

Post by worleyman »

Hello Thomas,
Just got Select Peaks for my birthday; upon first perusal, I'm stunned! What a great guide. Having lived in Bozeman for about 30 years, so many of the great routes and ranges in the book are close in my memory. Great work! Have a great day.

Mark Worley

P.S. Unrelated question: What do you think of the Garmont Mega Ride for ski mountaineering? I recall you mentioning that you use them.
TomTuriano
Site Admin

book/boots

Post by TomTuriano »

Thank you very much Mark!

I think the Mega Rides are great. I work as a ski guide at JH ski area and use them every day both in-bounds and out.

I don't use them much in the real backcountry unless I know I'm going to be skiing something firm and steep. The reason is because I like to have a flexible forefoot for long treks. So, I prefer soft leather low-top telly boot for powder skiing....but last year used the Scarpa F1....super light plastic boot with flexible forefoot (with Dynafit bindings). Hardware on the F1 is a bit clunky, but I hope and think more boot manufacturers will go this route.

tt