Letter from Ric Samulski

Reviews and comments for Jackson Hole Backcountry Skier's Guide, Select Peaks of Greater Yellowstone, Teton Skiing, Jackson Hole Ski Guide, and Teton Pass Backcountry Guide

Moderator: TomTuriano

TomTuriano
Site Admin

Letter from Ric Samulski

Post by TomTuriano »

Mr. Turiano,

I wanted to let you know how much I enjoy having your "Select Peaks of Greater Yellowstone" on our reference shelf in our summer home in Pinedale. Your research is monumental and you deserve to be congratulated.

My wife and myself, like so many others, have had a life-long love affair with the Wind River Range and your work adds to our appreciation of it. For many years in the late 70s and 80s, we were the publishers/editors of the Pinedale Roundup newspaper.

I'm sending you a cuople of items you might want in your file. I'm certain you'll enjoy Orrin Bonney's opinion on the naming of Mt. Ellingwood. I have long been a fan of Bonney's work: "Guide to the Wyoming Mountains and Wilderness Areas" first published in 1960. The scope and accuracy of their "Guide" makes it still valid. Enclosed, also, is a clipping documenting the renaming of Dinwoody Pass to Bonney Pass in 1983. Orrin Bonney deserves to have something named after him in the Wind Rivers.

Congratulations! I plan on reading every word of "...Peaks..." !

Sincerely,

Ric Samulski